The SCAS communications team handle all media enquiries, plus requests for filming or photography.
- For media enquiries only, interview or filming requests, please email email@example.com in the first instance with details. Our press office hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
- Please note we attend around 1,500 emergency 999 incidents a day across our four counties and are unable to respond to every request for information
- We provide information about major or very serious and ongoing incidents of which the public may need to be aware and, in a major incident, will issue something proactively
- We do not provide details about smaller scale, less serious or routine incidents, general sightings of ambulances and local air ambulances, past incidents or anything which may breach a patient’s confidentiality
- Media enquiries relating to incidents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the date, time (approx.), location and nature of the incident, taking the above into consideration
- Our out of hours service operates outside of office hours (including bank holidays) for serious or major ongoing incidents only (as determined by high number of patients, high number of resources or significant local disruption)
- Emails may not be regularly checked out-of-hours, so please use our pager service (07623 957895) to contact the duty press officer about serious or major ongoing incidents only. Your brief pager message must include:
- Your name and contact details (phone and email)
- The media organisation you work for
- Brief details of the incident you need information about – location, approx. time of incident, nature of incident
- Please note that if you use our pager service out-of-hours about incidents that are not a serious or major ongoing incident, you will not get a response.
For all the latest news and updates, follow us on social media