Professor Helen Young
I am a Visiting Professor at Birmingham City University.
I am the Director of Patient Care and Service Transformation and I am primarily responsible for ensuring the safe provision of high quality patient focused care. I lead a professional and high performing team to ensure ongoing and consistent patient safety and quality standards and adherence to clinical controls and improvement in patient outcomes. I provide expert professional advice to the Board of Directors and the Council of Governors and also provide clinical advice and support to all operational activities so that clinical needs drive operational activities, complementing and supporting the delivery of quality and access targets and requirements.
My core responsibilities include:
- Lead Executive Director for clinical governance and quality – delivering improvements in the quality of clinical care and agreed clinical quality programs
- Ensure the application of a risk management approach and patient safety guidelines to embed clinical standards In conjunction with the Medical Director, lead the development of the Clinical Strategy
- To provide professional clinical leadership within the Trust, ensuring the development, and discharge of, governance arrangements for the Trust’s registered and unregistered clinical staff
- To advise the Board of Directors on service developments, taking account of national guidelines and examples of excellence in service provision
- To be the Trust’s lead Executive Director for Safeguarding both adults and children,
- Director of Infection Prevention and Control and the Trust Caldicott Guardian.