In June 2006, as Chief Executive I led the merger of the four ambulance services covering Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire and in March 2012 the organisation achieved Foundation Trust status.
My core responsibilities are:
- Working with partners to deliver more seamless and effective care for patients
- Providing strong visible leadership and a clear sense of purpose
- Developing and maintaining a range of mobile and virtual health services that meet the needs of patients
- Driving performance improvement
- Developing a patient focused culture, where staff feel supported, valued and empowered
- Providing services that represent value for money for the NHS
In addition to my responsibilities above I also sit on the BOB ICS System Leaders Group, SE Regional People Board, Chair the BOB UEC Board, BOB People Board, HIOW Digital Strategy Board, National Diversity Forum and lead nationally for the ambulance services in England on Mental Health Issues.
I am proud to lead a very dedicated and committed team of colleagues across the Trust and look forward to the challenges ahead and an exciting future for SCAS.