I am the Chief Executive and responsible for leading the transformation of South Central Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust (SCAS) into a modern provider of emergency and urgent health care.
My core responsibilities are:
- Working with partners to deliver more seamless and effective care for patients
- Providing strong visible leadership and a clear sense of purpose
- Developing and maintaining a range of mobile and virtual health services that meet the needs of patients
- Driving performance improvement
- Developing a patient focused culture, where staff feel supported, valued and empowered
- Providing services that represent value for money for the NHS
In June 2006 I led the merger of the four ambulance services covering Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire and in March 2012 the organisation achieved Foundation Trust status. In addition to my responsibilities with SCAS I lead nationally for the ambulance services in England on Finance, Mental Health Issues and Procurement & Outsourcing. I am proud to lead a very dedicated and committed team of colleagues across the Trust.
Will is also a member of the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives.