Deputy Chief Executive
I joined South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust to lead the strategic development of the organisation. This involves developing a robust set of strategic objectives, which are aligned with the core capabilities of the Trust, and consistent with the new health landscape and commissioning environment. My role includes leading the growth of the organisation within the emerging competitive environment, to develop and deliver new services, which are integrated within our health economy. Growth will be centred on our key strengths, of delivering excellent patient care within the urgent and emergency care environment. In addition, I have responsibility for leading the management and engagement of stakeholders, including communications, both internally and externally.
My core responsibilities include:
- In the absence of the CEO and/or when delegated to act on behalf of the CEO to take responsibility for the overall operational, clinical, financial & strategic performance of the Trust
- To work closely with the Chair, Non-Executive Directors and the Council of Governors to promote the highest standards of governance throughout SCAS and particularly at the level of the Board of Directors.
- working with the executive team to develop and deliver our key strategic aims
- working closely with commissioners of our core services to ensure that all contractual responsibilities are met, whilst delivering excellent patient care
- Operational responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of all the Trusts Non-Emergency Services, including our Patient Transport Service, Healthcare Logistics with particular emphasis on performance management, financial and contractual requirements;
- identifying and leading new product and service developments to meet the demands of the health economy, on a local, regional and national basis
- leading marketing, communication and branding activities manage and develop SCAS’s reputation with all audiences, and manage reputational risk at board level
- support the development of a patient focused culture, where staff feel supported, valued and empowered
- overseeing the programme of organisational change activities which underpin delivery of our strategic objectives.